Saturday, 8 October 2016

October Makes - Part 1

October crafting is going well. I very rarely craft in silence, there's always a film or an audiobook or something from radio iPlayer on in the background. Years after I've made something, I can often still remember what I was listening to at the time. For posterity - and potential amusement - I'm going to start making a note of what I was listening to when I post about my makes.

I've been asked by a friend to crochet pieces for a nature themed mobile so have had the opportunity of trying a number of new patterns. The ones that ended disastrously are obviously not listed here . . .


These butterflies were made using this Bella Coco tutorial. After I'd got the hang of the pattern, I put on Hardcore Henry. It's a blood, guts and gore film and I doubt the director ever meant for someone to watch it and crochet butterflies at the same time.



The lighter green leaves were made using this tutorial by Yolanda Soto Lopez. Again, once I had the pattern straight in my head, it was on with an audiobook. The darker, bigger leaves were from me adapting Yolanda's tutorial. I had a large ginger cat on my lap at the time and was listening to Anne of Green Gables, courtesy of OneClick Digital, and falling sweetly in love with Anne Shirley.



I continue to add to my New Hexagon completed blocks, and my Patchwork of the Crosses project.



The NH block was made while watching Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, a film I did not expect to be that great and which I ended up thoroughly enjoyed. The scene where D'Arcy first proposes and Eliza refuses him made me laugh out loud.



A Patchwork of the Crosses piece, worked on while listening to Cotillion.



These are a couple of items I made on the spur of the moment just for the pleasure of making and have now popped on Etsy



I'm especially pleased with the cute little sheep fabric needlebook. Both this and the small tote were made to the accompaniment of Nigel Planer reading Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett. This Discworld book features one of my favourite scenes, that of the senior wizards sneaking out of the university without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment