If there were such a thing as the Paul Temple drinking game, players would need to take a swig every time the following happened:
- Paul says, 'by Timothy'.
- Steve says, 'Paul, be careful'.
- Someone expires in the presence of Steve and/ or Paul and gives them a cryptic message - rather than actually giving them a name which would be much more useful!
- Paul and Steve are run off the road.
- One of the suspects is impersonated to lure Paul/ Steve into a trap.
- Paul is about to tell Steve his theory or idea on something when he is interrupted by a ringing phone/ knock at the door.
- Someone contacts Paul to say they need to speak to him urgently and by the time he finally gets round to meeting up with them they are dead.
- Paul admonishes Steve for her 'good old intuition'.
- Paul says 'STEVE' with urgency and anguish (often to a backdrop of fire or a bomb in the vicinity)
- Steve buys a new hat/ dress/ coat and Paul bemoans the cost.
- Paul Temple solves a crime the police force is incapable of solving.
By the end of a 6 part serial, you'd be wasted.