Friday, 2 June 2017

Snailmail: unicorns and moomins

Outgoing

More of the cat envelopes, a retro pudding and a couple of meerkats. The surreal picture comes from a book on airbrushing that I picked up at a charity shop - so many great envelopes made from it! Will post pics as I send them.

Note the use of Garfield to obscure an address. I picked up a battered old Garfield book and have been cutting out Garfields, Nermals, Pooky bears etc to decorate plain writing paper.



Incoming
An upcycled envelope - the image is from Bambi for those Disney aficionados out there. The stamps are a pleasure to look at too.

Unicorn writing paper! Oh yes.

Moomin stamp and washi tape envelope decoration.


This wonderfully whimsical postcard was sent as an extra with a letter and has entered my permanent bookmark collection because I find it so endearing.



and on a related note...
Time for a letter-writing geek moment.

When I began exploring the world of snailmail again recently, I found the Missive Maven blog. Whenever I find a blog I like, I go back to the beginning and read it from the start and this is what I'm doing with the MM blog. So many examples of fold & mail, paper, envelopes and creativity. Imagine my delight when she liked and retweeted my blog post on Twitter! 


It's the simple things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment