Monday, 3 July 2017

Monday Mishmash

Pinterest Crafty
As this post is going to descend in tone considerably by the end, I will begin with something beautiful.

I spent a large amount of my holiday time as a child at the seaside, and gathering up precious items from the beach was a common pastime. Seaglass was fascinating to me. Judging by the amount of seaglass jewellery you can find on Etsy and similar websites nowadays I am not the only one attracted by it. This suggested pin from Pinterest takes this to another level, using seaglass as a canvas. 
Found here on Pinterest
I've tried to track down the source of the original picture without success but if you think something like this would complete your own ornament collection or be a fab gift for someone else, this is currently an active link with similar items for sale. 


More classic BBC Comedy
Carrying on from my recent nostalgic listening of last week . . .
Still entertaining, still witty. The first episode, Dish and Dishonesty, feels especially relevant what with all the political toing and froing of late. Still find it fascinating that Hugh Laurie is now a 'serious' actor in America.


Cinema and Cereal
Last week my brother-in-law sent me a copy of Spider Bunny by Carlton Mellick III to read. When I was doing a reading challenge earlier in the year, I used bizarro fiction for a genre I'd not heard of. That book was another Carlton Mellick III book, and a lot more enjoyable than SB, where the past and present tense mingled paragraph to paragraph, the main character was a vexing doormat of a man, and it didn't feel like a decent proofreader had ever got their hands on the text. Anyway, the one interesting thing I learned from reading SB was that Cinefamily theatres in America do a regular Animation Breakdown event where you can go to the cinema in your pyjamas and watch old school Saturday morning cartoons while stuffing cereal. Simple pleasures.

Linden Trees
There is a part of my local park I am avoiding walking in at the present. Don't understand why? I suggest you look at this Mitchell and Webb sketch for enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment