Wednesday, 5 July 2017

Snailmail: Cats and peacocks

Outgoing
An altered postcard for an altered postcard swap. The envelope is one of my favourite homemades and has headed out to an ailurophile in Sweden. 

Very please to send out the Gothic art envelope. I do enjoy posting unusual ones out in the mail. Some of the staff at my local post office don't pay any attention to what I send but some are interested in the envelopes, so it's nice to have something fun to show them.


Incoming
Stamps - Swedish, American and Irish stamps. If I had to pick favourites, it would be Sweden who got the points. Note the 'Non Machineable Surcharge' comment on the American stamps? Apparently if you post anything in the states which is outside standard envelope sizes you have to pay extra as they need to be sorted by hand and won't fit through the machines.
Other stamps - envelope decoration.
Washi tape - love the cool cats! I've never been a fan of the narrow washi tape you can get - frankly, I don't see the point in it - but these dainty little seahorses used as embellishment on letter paper enable me to see why some people would like the thinner style of tape.
Writing paper. Beaufitul peacocks on one letter - fun sneakers on the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment